Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Whew! That Was Fast!

The month of December seems to be a blur. I blinked and there it went. It was filled with parties, cocktails, dinners, decorating and figuring out what to do about Christmas. In the end, we decided we would meet up with my parents who would be in Seattle with my grandmother visiting my brother and sister-in-law. I have to admit, it was a little strange for me to grasp the idea of not having Santa find his way down the chimney at my parents house. Fortunately, he read the memo and delivered loads of loot to Washington!


Growing up, my mom and I used to get up really early in the morning and storm Neiman Marcus' doors the day after Christmas for their deep discounts on fabulous decorations to be used the following year. Being that Tad enjoys shopping and we could really use some decorations ourselves, we decided to look up the closest N.M. and do some shopping. All in the name of tradition, of course!




Tad justifies a giant lolipop to Grandma. Like she needs persuasion for sweets.
We had a jam packed trip with lots of eating, drinking, driving, shopping and a tour of the Boeing factory for those of us who dig airplanes in the family. A trip to Seattle just wouldn't be complete without a quick stop at the Pike Place Market and having a calorie splurge with some Beecher's cheese curds. Yummmmmm



The gang moving closer to curds.



A full day at the market.





Merry Christmas from Seattle from the Petrick's and the Hutcheson's!



No comments:

Post a Comment