Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You Are Invited But You May Not Bring A Guest


We have returned from an amazing week in Saint Maarten. That is what the Dutch call the Island. We were on the French side, known as Saint Martin. In either case, we have returned. We had a wonderful time, caught a lot of sun, had amazing food, great massages and even found some time to do a little shopping. The only thing we didn't do is worry about the "big gig" that is sneaking up on us.

When we returned, we hunkered down and made some serious progress on our guest list. As I have said before, we can sit 180 for dinner. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? You aren't marrying Tad Hutcheson. I was so afraid that I would only be able to invite my parents. After sitting down and having an "A-HA!!" moment, I realized I could also invite my wedding party, who assumed they would be invited for dinner. I even have space for some of my friends! And some of my parents friends! WOOT! 180 sure does add up quickly. That being said, after triple checking our list I made a command decision. For those singletons being invited who are not seriously involved with another person, I have decided that we are not going to do "and guest" invitations. It enables us to include more of our friends and maybe those friends will make some new ones! Everyone wins!

This is the most difficult task either one of us has ever undertaken. But it is mostly done and now we can put it behind us....

1 comment:

  1. We made the same call and it went fine. We also did not allow kids (only a couple like Jon's nephews and my cousins were allowed). It gave us more seats to work with.

    the worst tho - is trying to figure out who to sit at which tables!! especially if, your mother in law *hates* your father in law with a vengeance. good times. ;-)

    ReplyDelete