Friday, July 10, 2009

A Whole Lot Of Progress!




I was never a list maker by nature until I got engaged. Now, I have lists for the lists I have made. I find this to be a kin to holding a sister down. There is always a list that needs to be attended to. Just when I think I have made a little headway, someone either brilliantly gives me advice or an idea that is worthy of a list or I see something along the way that conjures "Add THAT to the list". Frustrating even to myself.


Tad has noticed the change in his once happy go lucky, free spirited girlfriend who has become maniacal over having the perfect wedding. This is evidenced by the numerous lists in both his home and mine. He suggested hiring a wedding coordinator. He went so far as to interview a couple of them for me. I added that to the list of things to consider.


We decided that we needed to get away from hectic offices, busy flight schedules and lists so we are off tomorrow to have a week away from everything. In the mean time, I took full advantage of all day light hours today tackling lists. Some of the items accomplished included:


1) securing a block rate of rooms for our guests. We scored BIG TIME. Ritz-Carlton, downtown Atlanta has offered us rooms at a rate of $149/night or $209/night for Club Level. Contract signed and placed in the mail.


2) Invitations and wording finally chosen. Once the proof of the RSVP card (ha!) is shared, invitations will be printed.


3) Photographer contract signed. Erika is amazing!


4) Cake deposit placed and contract signed. Our cake guy is the most talented baker I have ever seen and I know that our guests will be blown away by his creations.


5) I begged (well, okay only had to ask nicely) for my mom to come for a weekend. She jumped at the chance and I SO look forward to her coming to share in the "joy" of planning our wedding.


6) We secured our wedding coordinator. WHEW! Tad was right (score one for groom) he found Liz and I just adore her. She reminds me a lot of me. Well, at least in the way that we both have blonde hair. She is smart, organized, detail oriented and really fun. I am so glad that we decided to have her coordinate all things lapis and apple on October 24.


Now, we are getting away from all this. Lists included. However, I DO plan to have the MOST IMPORTANT list done by the time we return. That is is our GUEST LIST. Daunting. Limiting. Ugly. Probably a lot of cigars smoked and wine drunk during this list making. Everyone tells me it is the hardest part. I agree. If you happen to see larges plumes of smoke emerging from the Caribbean, please send for help. That means I have drown and Tad has smoked himself out finishing our most important list of all, who we get to invite........

1 comment:

  1. You are soo funny! :) I WISH blogging was around when Don and I dated and got married. You will look back on this time and laugh... LATER. :) The guest list is a crazy one to face! Have so much fun in the Carribbean! Gosh the Carribbean for a vacation... where's the honeymoon going to be? Snorkel for me!

    ReplyDelete