Sunday, August 9, 2009

Do NOT Feed Or Water The Invitation Assembler


We (meaning Tad) have a new rule with regard to "All Things Wedding". I was SO proud. We completed our guest list (FINALLY). Our printer got all the envelopes done and inserts printed in time for the invitations to go out on time. We spent a dowry on postage. Judy (Tad's mom) found the most beautiful stamps to use on the invitation itself. Friday night, I plopped myself down and stuffed invitations into the inner envelopes (which are not the envelopes I had ordered, but that is beside the point - no one will judge me on that, right?!). I had a beer while I did it. Gluten free beer is such a treat and SO tasty while doing manual labor. I managed to get all the inner envelopes matched with the outer envelopes. Saturday morning, Tad and I sorted the invitations by mailing group. I then set to the task of stuffing each invitation with all of the inserts and response cards. I had to sit at the dining room table this time, as the floor has proven to be hard on my back. I grabbed a glass of fuzzy water. I turned on some good music. Tad started the process of cleaning his desk (LOVE having company come over -- desk gets cleared!) I am jamming. Stuffing my heart out. I am not really sure how it happened, but I knocked my glass of water over in my stuffing frenzy. The whole thing was a goner. Tad heard the calamity and came running. There were 3 invitations that were swimming atop the lake that was now on the dining room table. Oops. We cleaned up the mess and then Tad immediately implemented the new rule. "NO FOOD OR DRINK WHILE WORKING ON INVITATIONS". Not fair. This kind of labor makes a girl thirsty. I was even using a coaster as to not leave a ring on the table. Every time I needed a drink of water, I had to go to the kitchen. We may have to invest in sippy cups before this whole thing is over so that I once again am allowed to drink outside the confines of the the counter tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment