Saturday, September 5, 2009

We Need To Have A Yard Sale. And Have No Yard.



Tad and I got engaged. We discussed where we would live. We decided on his house, a beautiful condo in downtown Atlanta that is close to work for both of us, has easy access to the interstate and overlooks Centennial Olympic Park. It has twice the space of my condo, which is in a fabulous neighborhood with all amenities within walking distance. Some of which include fantastic restaurants, bars, boutiques, coffee shops and grocery stores. I would move. One of my least favorite activities. But hey, this is love, right? There are certain things I MUST bring with me and see with my bright greens every day. They include a beautiful cedar chest my grandfather made me when I was a baby and an antique porcelain elephant that I have been infatuated with since I can remember. My parents finally gave it to me when I left their home for my first airline gig. Now, we have his, hers, ours and NEW! WOOT! JACKPOT! Registering was SO much fun. We chose beautiful things that we both liked. Then they started showing up. Not being one to wait, we opened immediately. Then we realized everything need a home. A LOT of stuff was simply going to have to go. Not to be wasteful we (okay, I) started to empty cupboards and closets. Everything that we decided we simply didn't have room for will go. LOTS of dishes. Glasses. Mugs. Serving pieces. A blender. Waffle Maker. Canisters. A new idea sprang to help pay for the "big gig" --- YARD SALE! Everything is boxed! It is easy. SELL, SELL, SELL!!!! Wait. We don't have a yard at either property. So for now, anyone venturing to see us at the Museum Tower should see if there is anything that they would like. Donations welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment