Friday, February 12, 2010

Honey, Is There Bowling Here?

I can get obsessive. When in the middle of planning for our trip to Singapore, Tad came home and announced "Guess what?! We get to go to the Super Bowl!". My immediate response "Awesome. Is that where there are 9 innings or 9 frames?". It really didn't matter since the game was held in South Florida and I was assured some time in the sun.

In all seriousness, it was an amazing experience. We were guests of the Atlanta Falcons, who treated us like gold. Since we had been in Asia for a week, followed by a stop in Orlando, we arrived in Miami Saturday afternoon just in time for all the buzz.

Saturday night, Arthur Blank and the Atlanta Falcons hosted their guests on a yacht that toured the Miami area. It was the best. time. ever. The food was great, there was plenty of wine and we got to hang out with some wonderful people. It was a real treat when they indulged us with some pictures, too! Check us out!




Tad with Warrick Dunn, former Running Back for the Atlanta
Falcons.




Tad and Janin, ready to cruise the harbor


\
The Hutcheson's with Matt Ryan, who may be the nicest 20 something ever. For real.


Sunday morning after a wonderful brunch, we boarded a coach bus bound for the stadium. We were told to board bus #3 and then given tickets to the Official Tailgate Party. Tickets = Heaven. Wow. Vendors galore. Food everywhere we turned. Bars with no line. Everything was complimentary. We had a blast. Live music played. I was in my element. They gave me a great hat as a souvenir. Wow.

Enjoying the Tailgate Party. Cupcake anyone?

When we made it to the stadium, I was amazed by our seats. This was my second Super Bowl. If last year was amazing, this year topped it. Our seats were incredible. We were surrounded by people whose name you might know, like Kim Kardashian, Sam Donaldson, Ivander Holyfield, Harry Connick Junior, Spike Lee. No one got my attention more than the yellow lab who wore vest that said "Patriots for Independence".




I knew I liked this guy for a reason





The concert at half time (I mean the entertainment) from The Who was awesome. I proved that I could not "activate my cell phone and perform these moves", so I apologize to everyone who was looking for the blonde with a big smile. She was feeding her new yellow lab friend popcorn.





The Who!!!





Which inning are we in?








Well hello, seat mate! Nice eyebrows!






Dude. Are you making a movie?







WHO DAT?!
We had an incredible weekend, even if I never figured out what inning it was. Tad brought along plenty of sunblock and we were surrounded by awesome friends.
Check out all of our pictures on the sidebar!










1 comment:

  1. Janin- That is so cool! It sounds like an amazing experience. How did Kim react to the Saints winning. I'm sure she and Reggie Bush celebrated with a little alone time later in the night...if you catch my drift! ;-) Still enjoying your post-keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete