Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday To ME!

I LOVE birthdays! Everybody's birthday. I think that is the one day per year you should be entitled to do what you want, say what you want and eat what you want without penalty! This year's birthday allowed me to do all of that and more! Being that it was the day before Thanksgiving, I got to kick the holidays off with a bang!

Tad woke me up early in the morning and made me a delightful breakfast of gluten free chocolate chip pancakes and perfectly cooked crispy bacon! Yumm! He then bestowed me with incredible gifts. He is SO very thoughtful and pays attention when I am generally convinced of just the opposite.




My dear friend Laura took the day off from work and she and I had a wonderful girls day. We both had been dying to try the restaurant at Le Cordon Bleu's Culinary Academy in Atlanta so she made lunch reservations and made sure that my food limitations were accommodated. We had an incredible 5 course lunch (splurge!) and lots of laughs along the way.


Creme Brule for lunch!
After eating a million calories, we decided we should probably do something to burn off the calories - what a better place to do that?! The mall. I had a couple of coupons that were burning holes in my pocket so we went to the mall to indulge a little more. It is not often that I can introduce Laura to something, so I got tremendous joy of showing her the valet at Lenox Mall. Something she had never done but will probably never pass up again, especially when knowing that she will be hauling serious loot!




It's not often that Tad makes it home from work before I am done doing all things girly. This day was an exception and as soon as I walked in the door he was ushering me out to our awaiting dinner reservations. He surprised me by taking me to BLT Steak, which is in our neighborhood and we have been looking for a special occasion to try. We had an incredible meal for what shaped up to be THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment