Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Off To Register We Go!

Tad and I (okay, I) had a fully planned weekend of wedding stuff. We had gone round and round about whether or not to register for gifts. Initially, we were both of the opinion not to, but after much convincing from both family and friends, we decided to lock ourselves in Lenox Mall to take a stab at it. First things first, we popped into PRIME and fueled for our adventures. Tad indulged in a cheeseburger, I had some raw fish and off we went.....

Recharged and ready to shop!


We decided that our first stop would be Macys. It is convenient for everyone and has LOTS in the line of STUFF. We headed to the registry department and were instructed on how to go about registering by a woman named Watrina. She armed us with a scanner and gave us a lovely gift - a tote bag filled with lots of heavy stuff. Since she thrust the bag at me, I felt obliged to carry it along with my over sized purse. We asked her to take a photo and that is where it all went awry. It all happened so quickly, it is really hard to say how it all truly went down, but I vaguely remember turning for a photo and hearing a thunderous crash.



Oh, no - did what I think happen - happen?!

My newly acquired tote bag took out some lovely Lenox stemware. Watrina was unfazed. She reassured us that they had "lots more" in the back and she would take care of it. Off we went, armed with a scanner and a clip-board.

Registering is surprisingly fun. Choosing stuff is an interesting study in interpersonal relationships. Really, the only in-depth conversation Tad and I had revolved around cookware. Why All Clad instead of Calphalon? Because I will likely be doing most of the cooking and I like it. After a lengthy discussion, we chose All Clad.

Registering is surprisingly exhausting. There is SO much to ask for. Kitchen ware, appliances, table top, stemware, silverware, linens, china, crystal, silver - the list goes on and on.


Tad rests after carefully choosing sheets.

Once we completed our registry at Macy's we decided to tackle Crate and Barrel. By that time, we may have been scanner happy. They have SO much cool stuff! Once it all gets posted on line (in the next 48 hours), we are going to have to go back and do some serious editing. But, not before we go to Neiman Marcus to scan our hearts out in the table linen department...........

2 comments:

  1. It was fun... but very tiring and I was glad it was over! It is also fun to watch stuff start to arrive at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember the Registry! At the end of that day, I can relate to Tad's kipping!

    ReplyDelete