Saturday, October 10, 2009

Does This Make My Finger Look Fat?


This weekend is the last weekend Tad and I have together before all the wedding festivities begin. We had lengthy discussions about what we should do to occupy our time. Candler Park Fest? Get the rest of the move done? How about have NO plans. Just hang out. That is something we haven't been able to do since this whole mess - I mean wedding - came about. Friday night, I made a nice dinner and we sat outside and played Scrabble. Saturday morning, I walked a 5K with a couple of girlfriends. No plans. Then we got the call we had been waiting for: Our wedding bands had arrived.
While contemplating when to go get them, we decided this was worthy of putting on our agenda so off we went to see Nuni. When we got engaged, Tad's mother, Judy gave us diamonds to use for my wedding bands. We took them to Tiffany to have them set and chose Tad's wedding band at the same time. His is truly beautiful. It is thick platinum with an etched band at the top and bottom. Mine were to be two bands with diamonds just along the top (not all the way around because of weight gaining and losing issues and re-sizing). They were finally here. We walked in and were greeted with hugs from Nuni, which has become customary and invited to sit in the private viewing room while we waited for her to finish with another customer. When she was done, she emerged with Tad's wedding band and both of mine. I cried (shocker). Tad slipped his on and we put our hands together. I don't think either one of us had grasped the fact that "the big gig" is just 14 days away until we saw our hands marked as the others. I cried some more. As if I didn't realize the 1000 reasons I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Tad, he asked me one of the most wonderful questions ever "does it look like my finger is poured into this ring?". What does a girl say to this?! The only appropriate thing that can be said "no, just your wallet"........14 days and counting.

1 comment:

  1. LOL You are sooo funny GIRL! :) HOPE WE can have lunch in a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete