Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why I Love My Job

I get to fly big jets. That is pretty cool. But nothing is as cool as catching up with old girlfriends from high school over burgers in cities far, far away from San Jose. I haven't been working much lately so I can prepare for the "big gig" but this week I was able to score a rare 20 hour layover. What does a girl do with all that time? Obsess over seating charts? Playlists for the DJ? Program verbiage? Nah, with 20 hours you call a girlfriend who you haven't seen in years and catch up over a much needed (because I am wearing white in 9 days) bacon cheese burger and fries.

Enter Tiffany Kurtz (Foulk). She is a dear friend from San Jose who now lives in Texas! We have stayed in touch loosely all these years and she came to entertain me with her son, DJ. - Don Junior, who is Donald Lester, so I am still trying to wrap my noggin over the "J" in D.J. It was SO great to see her and I had a ball playing with her 15 month old son who has just discovered the pure joy of putting his entire hand in your glass of water.






D.J. and Tiffy
After some power shopping where DJ demonstrated his love for fine fabric, the little guy was a bit worn out. Not generally a baby who sleeps in the car I am told, he is pretty close to "resting his eyes" here. Sure enough, a quick power nap in the car and he bounced back and was ready to go.





DJ contemplates - "Nap or No?"





DJ, Tiffy and Me
I had an amazing time with Tiffy and family and hope that we can do it again soon. Maybe next time they can come to Atlanta! We live right next to the best place for DJ to dunk his hand in some serious water, the Georgia Aquarium!
Thank you, TIFF! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Super cool!! Both you gals look fantastic!! :)

    Why does the name Donald Lester ring a bell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a BLAST! We will def come to Atlanta in Jan!

    ReplyDelete