Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Get 'Er Done!!!

Everyone warned me. I paid attention, mostly. They said that the week before our wedding, there would be piles of stuff for me to do. I would be busy, morning, noon and night. I acted like I believed them. In the back of my mind, I thought everything would be peaceful. I could spend the week at the spa. I would get a massage every day. I would hang out with friends. My parents could come and relax. Then, 7 days before the "big gig", it happened. I got slapped in the face with a whole lot of "must do's". Wow. I am not treading new water. I feel large waves from those who have been here before.
Fortunately, my parents showed up just in time. The night they arrived, they suggested getting a head start on one of the projects. I obliged. We hunkered down and made progress. We had tickets to the Falcons/Bears game. Great seats. We had planned to go to the game. Then, we decided to stay in, watch it on tv and tackle the mounting lists. Ugh.
Judy arrived Monday night to provide an extra set of hands.
Tad squished his cigar to pitch in.
We have tackled A LOT. Welcome bags. seating chart (I am proud to say that I had NOTHING to do with this, as it upset me too much), favors, other favors, welcome bags, hair cut and color (if I couldn't lose 30lbs before this thing, I am going super blonde to look like I did). All complete. Everyone has had a vital role. Truly a team effort. It will be a beautiful event.
The bride may look tired. She is running on empty. Up late (because she has to do important stuff like blog) awake early.
She is now going to hit the sack, because she is the bride. At the same time, she can't thank her parents and future mother in law for being instrumental in getting everything done that we have this week.
3 days and counting.

1 comment:

  1. wooohoo!! deep breath, deep breath, you can do it!

    can't wait for the big day for you - please post the pics as soon as you can. good luck!

    ReplyDelete