Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Licensed To Wed

Just like it began - we got caught in the rain!
I have had a LOT of time off of work lately, which has left me plenty of time to obsess over (I mean get ready for) "The Big Gig". Tad has entertained most ideas and thoughts with full sentence responses which I greatly appreciate. We realized that we needed a Marriage License, so I penciled myself in on his calendar and off we went to the Fulton County Court House. It turned out to be a rather comical morning as we first delivered a load of my belongings to Tad's home then went over in one car, his. As we were leaving his garage it started to rain heavily and we then realized that there was not a single umbrella to be found in his car -- but there were plenty in mine. Oh well, there was no turning back. We parked in a garage and took off on foot in torrential down pour into the court house. As soon as we got through security, we were turned away because we were in the wrong building. The building that we needed to be in was 2 blocks away. Not to be deterred, we took off on foot again. As we were sprinting, I got a vivid image of about 18 months ago, when we got caught in the rain at the Inman Park Festival and we hid under a tree until it passed. At that point, I didn't realize we were even dating but standing under the tree I realized that I REALLY enjoyed being around Tad and was having a blast. It also gave me a moment to pause over the last year and a half or so and the lives of Tad and me as we become one. A few highlights have included:
- 2 Beastly Feasts
- Eagles Concert
- Finding out Tad had Mono (great story behind this one)
- Neil Diamond Concert
- Introducing Tad to Double Double, Animal Style
- New Years under a falling peach
- A Valentine's Day that puts all others to shame
- Christmas in California and Christmas in Georgia
- The Big Yellow SLIDE!
- Tad meeting "Jenin" and of course, grandma
- Super Bowl
- fishing with new equipment off the 21st floor
- hiking to see fall colors after a big rain
- a VERY special 1st anniversary
- an amazing trip to Saint Martin and locking ourselves out on our balcony
-U2
- 6 months that has gone by so quickly we are about to count down in single digits...
So, once we finally found the correct office we stood in line and contemplated which license to apply for. The options wereFIREARMS or MARRIAGE. We chose the latter and tomorrow we go into single digit countdown mode......







1 comment:

  1. LOVE this picture! You two look so beautiful and happy! I can't wait to meet Tad! :)

    ReplyDelete