Sunday, November 1, 2009

THE BIG GIG!!!!!

The day of the "Big Gig" proved to be like all others that week. After a brief nap in the middle of the night, everyone got into motion to "get 'er done". All the girls headed to the salon. There was hair to be done and makeup to be applied. Dad and JM ran errands between dry cleaners and dress makers. Then, they were off to the salon, too. Not for mani-pedi's (though we suggested), but for more important things, like dropping off my veil. While having a brief respite from the chaos that was Carter Barnes, I managed to slip into Nordstrom to buy a new bathing suit and cover up for our honeymoon. It is amazing how flexing the VISA makes just about everything better. Before I knew it, everyone was transformed and more beautiful than I could have imagined.

We had a little time before the ceremony, so Mom, Karen and I decided that we would check me into the Ritz Carlton Buckhead (where Tad and I spent the first night as husband and wife). We had the MOST AMAZING suite you could imagine. We then summoned the boys. Well, not Tad because I didn't want to see him until the church. Dad and JM came up, we rocked out to The Beatles. Danced. Laughed. Tried not to cry (on account of my false eye-lashes). Took pictures. Had a glass of champagne to celebrate. Played pool. Took more pictures and laughed a lot more.









Karen, myself and Mumsie



Mumsie, The Bride (the sash says it all but the tiara gives it away) and Dad.





Just like 1975. Only taller.




Mom and Dad used to force us into a Christmas picture like this every year as kids. I forced him into this by playing the bride card. My big brother rules.





Karen, JM and I.
Time to head to the church.




No comments:

Post a Comment