Sunday, November 1, 2009

Exhaustion Leads to Excitement

Pre-Rehearsal champagne with Dad.




Wow. That was fast. And exhausting. Everyone warned me. I was certain I had it under control. I was proved wrong. Fortunately, I had LOTS of help the week before the wedding. Had it not been for my parents, Tad's mother and at the last minute, my brother and sister-in-law, we might not have had lots of little cool things like programs or favors for our guests. We stayed up LATE every night. I learned that I could function on about 4 hours of sleep. Not very well, but at least stay vertical. My mom operated on far less sleep each night. We had everything pulled together by Thursday night - mostly. By Friday, I was EXHAUSTED. Then, it happened. While pulling into the valet station at the Ritz Carlton downtown, I saw Travis Wood and Tom Nordgren checking in as well. Game on. Exhausted no more. The party was about to start. As I entered the hotel, my eyes quickly came to rest on my college roommate, Jen Marshall. Tad's sister, Lane and her family were there as well. WOOOOOHOOOO! I am not even sure I put my car in Park. No matter. It was time to GO! All plans for an afternoon nap were out the window. It truly is amazing what happens when the adrenaline kicks in. The rehearsal was a blast. After the churchin' part was over, we headed to Paschal's for a fine Southern meal of fried chicken and collard greens. My parents then treated us to more cocktails at the Ritz Carlton (thanks, Mumsie and Big John!!!). The "Big Gig" officially had begun.




With my God Parents, Su and Tad Hemp. Or Tad #1 and Tad #2 as they have self dubbed.


Janin and Tami Wellhausen




Janin with Mom and Dad. Yes, it is a spray tan.
Time to switch to water.




Janin and Valeri Yee! All the way from SAN JOSE!!!



The Petrick's as 5.





No comments:

Post a Comment