Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Honey, Is That The Moon?

While I was obsessing over - I mean planning for - our wedding, Tad's most important task was planning the honeymoon. I kept telling him I didn't care where we went. He and I vacation differently. This we both realize. He is content rolling out of bed late in the morning, finding a beach chair, cracking a book and smoking cigars. I like to get up early and explore. I am so afraid of missing something. SO, when he decided the location of our honeymoon, he clearly thought he had gotten one over me. I will never forget the conversation. It went something like this:

T: "I booked our honeymoon!"

J: "No way! Where are we going?!"

T: "Peter Island!"

J: "Who is Peter Island?"

T: "Not WHO, where. Peter Island. Virgin Islands."

J: "French, British or US?"

T: "British - kind of. The entire island is the resort. Owned by an American. Who lives in Georgia. It's near Tortola. We get to take a boat there!"

J: " Um, okay. Peter Island. Do you want the groomsmen to wear white, black or purple pocket squares?"

Silence.........

So, we left the day after our wedding. We were both exhausted but we made our flight, which was the most important part. Peter Island was AMAZING. Though Tad was convinced there was nothing to do on the island, once we arrived and I got to exploring, we quickly found that NOT to be the case. I did give him Monday to rest. After that, we had to see all that Peter Island had to offer.

We snorkeled, I learned to sail (Tad came along for boat rides where we hunted giant turtles), we rented a private beach dubbed HONEY MOON BEACH for a morning, we went on a tour of the island, had a day at the spa (the most beautiful place I have ever seen), indulged in a 5 course wine dinner, did a sunset tour with a bottle of champagne and the night before we left had a private dinner on the beach. We had an AMAZING vacation and that guy Peter sure knows how to treat his guests!






Looking down at the spa.





Looking down the beach from the place we generally plopped.


Pre-dinner glass of wine on the balcony.





On the island tour.



Tad finishing his 3rd book at Honeymoon Beach.





Captain Janin at the helm with Tad along for ballast.





Tad Hutcheson, Master Sommelier.






Sunset. Breath taking.






Wine dinner. Tad dared me to drink his 5 courses, too. It wasn't for lack of trying that I couldn't do it.











Our last dinner on the beach.








No comments:

Post a Comment