Tuesday, November 17, 2009

With This Ring, I Give You USAA......



When Tad asked me to marry him, I had one stipulation to my agreement. He had to dump State Farm, his insurance provider of 20 years and head for greener pastures at USAA. I am one of the few, I consider myself fortunate. I have what many are envious over. I have what I believe is the BEST insurance carrier in the world, USAA. I qualify for this insurance as my dad is a retired Army Officer. The rates are wonderful, the customer service is unprecedented and best of all, they give huge rebates on your premiums every December. Just in time for Christmas shopping.

We have been married almost a month. We are getting settled. We have been combining the contents of 2 homes. We have returned all duplicate and triplicate gifts. We are patiently waiting for our marriage license to arrive in the mail so that I can change my name and we can get everything else that needs combining combined.


Last night, I made the call to USAA to see if we had to wait for the licence to proceed. They told me that my word was all they needed. SCORE! Bye, bye State Farm! We began the process of making Tad a member of the USAA family. It took them 6 tries to get our proof of insurance cards correct. I am still not sure where the trip up was, but eventually they got it right and we went along our merry way. Then it happened, Tad called today to move over his home-owners and apparently it took 4 hours.

J: WHAT?! From the company that handed me a check Tuesday after being robbed Saturday?!


T: YES, correct. 4 hours. Oh, and the price doubled!


J: Say what?! Double! That's it, I'm calling.


T: Don't call - we will figure it out later......


When I called USAA, I got Michelle. I had no need to introduce myself, as she had all my personal information on the screen in front of her from my touch-tone information.


M: Good afternoon, Mrs. Hutcheson!

J: Actually, this is Ms. PETRICK. Let's talk about the 4 hour quote and doubling in price.....


And so it began. I think Kelly Martin has long disappeared and been replaced with Ms. PETRICK. She certainly isn't going to stand idly by and wait for any situation to solve itself. After a mere 14 minutes, the situation was taken care of. Welcome to USAA, Tad.

3 comments:

  1. My brother is one of their IT guys in San Antonio! I WISH we could get their insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW... have you ever seen their facility? It is CRAZY HUGE! It takes up like 100 city blocks... HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're USAA peeps too and we absolutely love it!! They have the best customer service and rates EV-AH! Good job convincing Tad to move over! :)

    ReplyDelete